Zytronic Gives Taiwanese Integrated Display Manufacturer Innolux Corp. the Magic Touch
Exhibitor: ZYTRONIC DISPLAYS LTD.
Booth No.: N204
Advanced display manufacturer Innolux had been searching for different haptic solutions for its touch displays to enrich the user experience. Until the company engaged with Zytronic’s Taiwanese representative Chris Su, the Innolux engineering team had yet to achieve a suitable tactile solution for their rugged touch displays designed for self-service kiosks and other public displays. Following the engagement, Innolux created an innovative multi-haptic control panel, and Zytronic provided the missing tactile dimension to the touchscreen.
The Innolux concept incorporates a 13” customised ZyBrid® multitouch sensor with precision-engineered 3D surface features machined in the 4mm thick toughened glass to guide the user’s fingertips to the appropriate position on the screen. Zytronic’s proprietary ZXY500™ controller delivers the multitouch functionality and supports complex gestures, including contactless ‘hover’ touch plus palm rejection, high noise immunity and millisecond fast speed of operation.
On the surface of the touchscreen, using its latest 5-axis CNC (computer numeric controlled) glass machining equipment, Zytronic machined precise, polished “dimples”, grooves and a dial into the glass. Precision machining the tactile finger guides into the glass surface, rather than drilling through and mounting physical dials, buttons and sliders, means that it is far easier to create a waterproof, hygienic user interface with fewer exposed moving parts – enhancing reliability.
“These machined features can be located around the periphery of the display or over the LCD itself,” says Chris Su. “Zytronic offers this tactile glass touch sensor technology in a variety of different glass types, including anti-glare, anti-reflective and even anti-microbial.”
“We integrated touch-driven vibrotactile actuators behind the distinguishing glass structures for versatile haptic feedback, making it more intuitive to use,” says Ming Huang Chen, Innolux’s Section Manager. “With both tactile and vibration feedback, the user can not only differentiate between the engraved surface features and flat areas but also feel a variety of high fidelity vibrotactile feedbacks, for instance, a ‘click’ feeling. In some use cases, we can now replace mechanical buttons, which are usually mounted around the display panel, with this kind of idea.”
With this new surface touch and tactility capability, Innolux were proud to receive a Gold Award at the Touch Taiwan 2021 exhibition. The company considers that control panels are the main application area for this technology, for example, in medical applications where the operator wants to increase or decrease the gain of the scanner. Medical imaging is another potential application; using machined dials or ‘joggle wheels‘ to maintain the rotational movement of the function allows the user to take their eyes off the control panel and look at the image on the main display. Mixing and lighting desks can also benefit from joggle wheels and sliders to add position and tactile feedback areas. They can also be used on CCTV control panel systems to control the remote camera zoom in/out function or on casino games to allow players to intuitively control the console functions on a virtual button deck while focussing their eyes on the main, upright screen before them.
If you would like to discuss your latest project needs, please email us at email@example.com or send us an enquiry to find out more about our touchscreen technology. For more information about Zytronic’s touch sensor technology, please visit: www.zytronic.co.uk/technology/multi-touch/
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- Pipe Insulation Antiseptic Covering Materia FUHE POLYMER MATERIALS SCIENCE CO., LTD. / 2022-05-05
- Electroninks’ Provides Enabling Technology for Advanced Displays ELECTRONINKS INC. / 2022-04-26
- Electroninks: Particle-Free Conductive Inks ELECTRONINKS INC. / 2022-04-26
- Honour Glow Trading Co. Ltd. will join "Touch Taiwan 2022" with G2C+ HONOUR GLOW TRADING CO., LTD. / 2022-04-26
- Bio 2K PU Adhesive for Sealent GREAT EASTERN RESINS INDUSTRIAL LTD / 2022-04-26
- Notebook Cooling material: Copper Foil Graphite Radiator Film TOP NANOMETAL CORPORATION / 2022-04-26
- WENTEC New Arrival for IFP - Manual lifting cart / Wood signage stand WENSONICTECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. / 2022-04-26
- Henghao Touch total solution provider HENGHAO TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. / 2022-04-25
- TB-200 won Taiwan Excellence Award 2021 ASIAICMP IC MIC-PROCESS, INC. / 2022-04-22
- HyperSpectral Imaging For uLED Measurement ISUZU OPTICS CORP. / 2022-04-19
- TCI Materials Science News March 2022 KM3 SCIENTIFIC CORPORATION / 2022-04-19
- Global V robotics - Amy GLOBAL V INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. / 2022-04-14
- XCompact Display Diaphragm Subwoofers GLASS ACOUSTIC INNOVATIONS TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. / 2022-04-13
- CSB laser cutting machine new software function LASER LIFE COMPANY / 2022-04-10
- Dongin Technology Enterprise DONGIN TECHNOLOGY ENTERPRISE CO., LTD. / 2022-04-08
- Interactive video wall technology with a seamless multitouch transition ZYTRONIC DISPLAYS LTD. / 2022-03-30
- CLB-025025 Fragile material processing laser machine LASER LIFE COMPANY / 2022-03-29
- Manpower-saving vacuum centrifugal defoaming mixer CGT TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. / 2022-03-28
- Triple Tank Slurry Delivery System - iTrident wins 2022 Taiwan Excellence Award ASIAICMP IC MIC-PROCESS, INC. / 2022-03-28
- Semicondoctor & Opto-Electronic Test Solution by VASTi Technologies VASTI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD. / 2022-03-22