Lextar to Release a New Generation I-Mini LED Modules
Exhibitor: LEXTAR ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
Booth No.: N/A
Lextar Electronics Corp (“Lextar” or the “Company”) (TAIEX: 3698) unveils a full series of I-Mini Blue LED backlighting products adopting 3 key technologies including COB, DOB and mini lens array. Products can be applied to TV, monitor, laptop, automotive display and chartplotter; some of which have been mass produced and delivered to customers. This ensures Lextar’s leading position in mini LED backlighting market.
Lextar has been the first to mass-produce Mini LED backlights since 2018. This time the company presents four new-generation I-Mini products, demonstrating its technology capabilities from LED chip, packaging, driver design to optical modules. Lextar’s new I-Mini backlights adopt COB (Chip on Board) technology, directly implant its in-house flip-chip mini LED chips on the light board, which can realize ultra-thin panel design of zero OD (Optical Distance). In addition, the DOB (Driver on Board) technology integrates the driver IC and microcontroller (MCU) on the light board for multi-zone control. Lextar’s new multi-channel driver IC increases the number of backlight control areas by 5 times to more than 1,000 zones, therefore the number of ICs can be reduced by 50%, and the display can achieve a high contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1. Moreover, with the latest mini lens array technology, I-Mini can achieve wide beam angle (>160°) and high light extraction rate, increasing the panel brightness to 1600 nits, which is three times the brightness of the traditional panel. The three technologies of COB, DOB, and mini lens array show the advantages of Lextar’s vertical integration, and unveil the key benefits of the new generation Mini LED products.
The most anticipated among all applications is Mini LED TVs, and Lextar is to be the first to launch 65-inch I-Mini LED TV backlight. By using around 20,000 mini LED chips and combining the three major technologies, Lextar releases a new I-Mini with more than 1,000 zones and a high dynamic contrast ratio (HDR) of 1600. In addition, Lextar also introduced I-Mini for 12.3-inch automotive display, with an ultra high brightness of 1600 nits to enhance sunlight readability, and local dimming of over 360 zones to increase contrast. It has also adopted high tolerance material to push the lifetime up to 50,000 hours. I-Mini has demonstrated the advantages in terms of high brightness and reliability. The application will extend to land, marine and air displays in the near future.
Lextar has also released modified I-Minis for 17.3-inch laptop and 34-inch monitor. Its unique optical design reduces the number of mini LED chips by more than 20%, while still maintaining fine area control and ultra-thin design. This product will bring gamers and professional creators a brand new visual impact.
Mitch Lee, the Vice President of Lextar Business Group mentioned, “Ever since the mass production of Lextar’s I-Mini backlighting products in 2018, Lextar has been the pioneer in this field. This time, Lextar extends the application to TV and automotive display to demonstrate its capability of mass production. It is foreseeable that Mini LED market will grow rapidly in 2021~2022. Lextar is working with both panel and brand customers and will extend to more applications.
For more about the new I-Mini LED series, please visit our event website: https://www.lextar.com/en-global/Event/index/i_mini_Aug_2020promotion.
Or view the video: https://youtu.be/rlxLHwmCePk
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- Innolux presents groundbreaking technologies on display INNOLUX CORPORATION / 2020-08-27
- Innolux premieres 2020 new products INNOLUX CORPORATION / 2020-08-27
- Lextar to Releases New Mini LED Product Series LEXTAR ELECTRONICS CORPORATION / 2020-08-03
- COVID-19 Distinctly higher demand for UV-LEDs, 10% discount on all systems for measurement in the UV range RAPITECH ENTERPRISE CO., LTD. / 2020-08-03
- A Born To Be Unique 21.5-Inch Touch All-In-One System PPC - WCP2157 Model MACTRON GROUP CO., LTD. / 2020-07-31
- Game Changer - How a Medical Tablet with data connectivity increases the efficiency in healthcare environment? MACTRON GROUP CO., LTD. / 2020-07-31
- How To Provide Crystal-Clear Visibility Under Direct Sunlight? MACTRON GROUP CO., LTD. / 2020-07-31
- Zemax expands OpticsBuilder to Creo Parametric CAD platform ZEMAX TAIWAN LLC / 2020-07-27
- Leveraging 3D Camera Technology for virtual tours ZEMAX TAIWAN LLC / 2020-07-27
- OLDINBURGH CO., LTD. / 2020-07-20
- 群翊 Roll to Roll設備專家 GROUP UP INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD. / 2020-07-17